Join our team
Part-time Reception and admin assistant position
- Part-time position, 8-10 hours per week
- Rate of pay: £10
- Your core hours of work will include day times and evenings during the week as well as some flexible hours at weekends to suit the demands of the programme.
Accountable to: BNHC Centre Manager(s)
Brighton Natural Health Centre are seeking a committed and motivated person, with customer service experience, to join our small, dedicated team. You will be a first point of assistance for customers and will help to oversee the day-to-day running of our thriving centre and reception. You should have a keen interest in wellbeing and natural health along with an understanding and experience of the kind of classes we run at the centre. You will be able to multi-task and have a positive and friendly manner.
How to apply
Below you will find the full job description and person specification. To apply for the post please attach a cover letter sharing more about your experience, your CV and a completed equal opportunities form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 21st March 2022
- You will have great organisational, communication and people skills.
- Enjoy multitasking and be able to effectively prioritise in a busy working environment.
- Able to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Strongly-motivated and happy to take initiative, to work on your own as well as within a team.
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs, be a quick, accurate typist.
- You should be familiar with using the internet and social media platforms.
- An understanding of databases and/or booking systems is of benefit.
General Tasks & Responsibilities
- General customer service including greeting customers and providing a warm and friendly welcome.
- Responsible for greeting customers, class bookings and sign in.
- Answering customer queries and offering support by phone, email and at the reception desk.
- Assisting teachers where required
- Assisting with ensuring the daily timetable is accurate and up to date and assisting with any timetable changes that arise (eg class cover).
- Helping to maintain the centre, keeping it a clean and safe space, ensuring all equipment is maintained and stored properly, checking First Aid supplies etc.
- Reporting any Health & Safety issues to the manager, or addressing them as required.
- Ensuring all posters/printed promotional materials displayed are up to date, removing or updating as needed.
- A variety of admin tasks such as filing, data entry and additional tasks as required by your manager.
Tasks and responsibilities may change and develop in line with the requirements of the role.
We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusiveness in all our work and would be looking for the same commitment from the successful candidate. Please be aware, however, that our centre is not a fully accessible space. If you have any questions about accessibility at BNHC, or you need reasonable adjustments of any kind in relation to the job application process, please let us know.
For more details of the charity’s activities, please see our website www.brightonnaturalhealthcentre.org.uk